Michael C. Batten
Florida state-licensed Home Inspector
Certified General Contractor
- NACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors).
- NABOR® (Naples Area Board of REALTORS®).
- Women’s Council of Realtors®, Naples and Bonita Springs-Estero Chapters
- Bonita Springs-Estero Association of Realtors (BEAR)
Certificates & Licenses:
- Florida State Licensed Home Inspector HI 229
- Florida State Certified General Contractor CGC 1505759, CGC 057745
- NACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors) ID NACHI09060806
- Structural Masonry Inspector, Certificate No. SMI – 70, Florida
Originally from North Carolina, I have been working in the construction and engineering fields since 1981 performing field inspections and construction responsibilities encompassing civil, structural and mechanical engineering for new construction, retrofit of industrial buildings and equipment before relocating to Naples in 1986. I continued in the construction and engineering fields upon moving to Naples working for a local construction company and then a consulting engineering firm performing inspections, verifying conformance with plans, specifications, and contract documents, conducting investigations into construction disputes, mediating arbitration, and negotiating settlements.
In 1995 I obtained a Florida State Certified General Contractors License and started & qualified my own general contracting company, Southern Construction, Inc., and custom home building division, Southern Homes, specializing in single family custom homes ranging from $400,000 to $1,500,000. In 2002 I incorporated and qualified Southern Additions & Remodeling, Inc. specializing in remodeling, renovations, additions, elevator installations, commercial tenant improvements and remodeling. My background in the engineering field, performing residential and commercial inspections, laid the ground work for adding my home inspection company, SAR Inspection Services in 2007 offering comprehensive inspection services including pre-purchase home inspections, roof inspections, mold/air quality testing, radon testing, termite inspections, defective (Chinese) drywall inspections, code violation inspections, windstorm mitigations, 4-Point Inspections & others.